Your are thinking about starting an ad campaign..GREAT!
We are going to starting off this post with the fair warning that I am JUST LEARNING HOW to run paid social media campaigns effectively. I have my favorite platforms, but I am currently working on expanding my knowledge.
For my class last week I had the opportunity to put $15 dollars to ads to promote any content, visual, or video on my blog.
This article will be broken into 5 parts which will walk you through my IPPIE Plan, Segmentation Ideas and Implementation, Ad Design, and my Final Evaluation. I am looking forward to recounting what I learn and hope you are able to learn something from my mistakes.
IPPIE PLANS: What are they?
An IPPIE plan is used to help marketers figure out a time line and general aspects to make the advertisement become a reality. IPPIE stands for
For my social ad campaigns I began going through each requirement to help my brain try to think of anything that I was missing and something that I would need to pay more attention to. This allows me to go through and walk through every possible step that will might be required to have a good shoot at having a campaign that stays on schedule but still not being two in depth.
I particualrly like way of starting out my campaigns because the more planning that I do. The less time I spend in chaos trying to figure out what I am going to do.
IPPIE PLAN: ASHLEY’S WAY Paid Advertisment
- Message- How I got featured on American Eagle Website and Instagram
- Audience- New bloggers looking to expand their blog.
- Actions- Create visuals, ad campaigns set up, and monitor the progress.
- Timing- Time during the optimal times of user engagement.
- Read Seascape
- Channel Profiles – WordPress, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
- User Profiles- 18-34 bloggers who love Kate Spade and Fashion
- Expectations – Looking for ways to grow their online popularity
- Taboos – They think that my website is not credible.
- Business Owners looking to learn more about social media influencers and start creating an online brand.
- New Bloggers– looking for a directory of established bloggers to learn from as they start their blog.
- Where: WordPress, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
- What: Paid Advertisements
- When: November 21- December 2nd 2016
- Define Success
- Metrics: Click through to website and increase engagement on social platforms.
- Visual Map: Will be produced from dates on calendar
- Produce the Assets: Will be produced from dates on calendar
- Composition- Will be produced from dates on calendar
- Execute the Plan- Will execute dates from calendar.
- Schedule: Will schedule the dates on calendar. Advertisements will go out when the optimal time for audience.
- Successful paid campaign will result in increased engagement over the next few weeks. The data will be compared to the data collected from the article promotion project.
Conclusion of Part 1
Before starting any project I would highly reccommend utilitzing the IPPIE process to allow you to start walking thorugh the steps needed to start crafting a successful campaign. This is one of many ways so I suggest if this way doesn’t work for you then to research out another way.
Have you used a different way to start a creative project? If so, comment bellow! I would love to hear what you have done.